Finished the final touches on my MSE paper and uploaded it to their server. I already faxed over the copyright form, so I should be good to go to head out to Anaheim in June. Pretty sweet. I’ve got postscript and pdf versions of the paper ready to go up on my work page whenever I decide it’s appropriate to be publicly available. The conference should prove interesting seeing as it falls smack between the abstract and paper deadlines for MICRO… Hopefully I’ll be in a position to worry about it at that point instead of still debugging the local data caches and getting more benchmarks up and running.
Yeah, so I’ve been pretty busy this past week, and haven’t really had time to post. Chi-Wei checked in fixes for the bulk of the bugs I had encountered in the gui, so I’m pretty happy. I can actually sorta use the thing now. More importantly, Jeff and I have made some comments about additional features we REALLY want, so with any luck, we’ll actually get some of those before long.
So my local data caches finally started doing stuff today. Cluster 0 requests M[0x0]. The main cache sends all words in that local cache line and informs cluster 0 that it has exclusive access. Cluster 1 then requests M[0x0]. The main cache informs Cluster 0 that the block is now shared and waits for an ACK to confirm that it hasn’t become modified. Pretty sweet! I may actually have it all up and running before much longer.
So Nick scheduled our first Amalgam meeting of the semester for today. But unfortunately, our meetings are scheduled for right before his class (which he has never taught before). As a result, he ditched our meeting to finish preparing his lecture. Nothing like getting things done early. Anyway, he dropped by around 1⁄2 hour before the meeting to tell Jeff and me that he wasn’t coming and we should figure out where the project will be around the end of the semester and what conferences we should shoot for.